Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Episode 15 ~ Summer Sweater Plans


Hi, Knitters,
Today I have Episode 15 ~ Summer Sweater Plans for you. I also discuss how to use a second strand for the heel flap and turn when using self-striping or patterning yarn. This helps to keep the stripe pattern intact on the front of the sock.

I also share lots of sweater plans and current sweater knitting and yarns and more.

Click here to watch the video on YouTube!
Click here to watch on iTunes!
Click here for my Ravelry group, Itty-Bitty Knits!

Here are the links for the podcast:
Arne & Carlos Regia Sock Yarn
The Loopy Ewe Sock Blocker
Signature double-pointed needles
How I Make My Socks (free pattern)
Ebb Cowl
Rivulette
Little Bobbins dpn holder
SewBendy Bags
Owls on Dante tape measure
Ambrosia by Gudrun Johnston
Knit with Me book by Gudrun Johnston
Solja by Anna Maltz
Waterlily by Megan Hernandez
Pom Pom Quarterly
Quince & Co. Puffin in the Frank's Plum colorway
Quince & Co. Lark
Jill Draper Makes Stuff
Tolt Yarn and Wool (Where I purchased the Empire Yarn.)
Ramona (cardigan pattern I will use for the Empire yarn)
Louise Cardigan - coming up soon!
Maude Cardigan by Carrie Bostick Hoge
Shelter yarn in the Button Jar colorway

I discussed the Itty-Bitty Knits Retreat that's happening this weekend here in Madison, WI.
Click here to see the retreat thread on Ravelry!

I'll be back with more very soon. Have a great weekend, Knitters.
xo ~ susan

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I just finished watching the episode, I just wanted to say I am with you on the Magic Loop thing. I have tried it so many times and always come back to my DPNs, I am WAY faster with DPNs.

Holly said...

I love my Sew Bendy bags, I even use them as little purses. Have fun at your retreat. xx

AnnM said...

Lovely episode! I love all of the sweaters that you've chosen and can't wait to see the finished products. Also so very jealous of those that get to attend the retreat and I do hope that there will be another one next year. Sounds like so much fun!

Andrea @ This Knotted Life said...

Can't wait to listen. Thanks Susan!

Kackie said...

I love to watch your podcasts; you're enthusiasm for knitting is so engaging! I have often wondered how you get so much knitting done, plus a blog, plus podcasts, plus writing books, plus designing, to say NOTHING about the fact that you are a wife and mom of four! But I have figured it out! You must be the fastest knitter on the planet. That's got to be it. Wish I were able to come to Madison, but I'll see you in Maine.

Anonymous said...

I secured some of that awesome sock-yarn and I'm ready for advice about turning the heel flap without losing the stripes! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Susan:
I watched part of the podcast during lunch and I am interested in finding out if you happen to know how much gram of yarns you need when you do the toe part of the socks? I thought about doing them in solid color but never sure how much you need.
Thought I would ask while we are on the subject. Thanks!
Debbie1085

Susan B. Anderson said...

Debbie, I don't know how much you need in grams for the toe. I'll have to weigh that next time. I'll try to remember:)
susan

Anonymous said...

Susan, Love your podcasts and newsletters - and your patterns, books, etc.!! Just wish I could keep up with you! You are amazing!! Anyway, I was fortunate to purchase several skeins of the Regia by Arne and Carlos and plan to make some hats (your pattern, of course) for my grandsons. Any advice on maintaining the self striping pattern through the decrease rows? Or is the self striping not a good choice for a hat? Appreciate your advice!!

Ravelry id: LibbyJo

Susan B. Anderson said...

LIbbyJo, That yarn will make wonderful hats. I would just go with it and the stripes will be just fine on the decreases. I don't have a good solution for that, the width of the stripes will just get a bit wider with fewer stitches. I think it will look great!
susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice, Susan! Will let you know how the hats turn out in the Regia yarn! LibbyJo on ravelry

Amaris said...

I love all of those sweaters that you are knitting/going to be knitting! It looks like a lot of fun :)

jaznz said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with you this evening watching podcast 15. I wish I can come to one of your retreats in the future. You have amazing sponsors to put together that fab goodie bag for the giveaway. The yarn of self striping yarn is spectacular. Even tho I live in New Zealand am I eligible to be part of the giveaway? I will be back here regularly to see what your doing and hang out with you.