Saturday, August 16, 2014

Patchwork Finale


Hi, Knitters,
I have thoroughly enjoyed knitting my Quaere Fibre socks in the Patchwork colorway. They are finished. Hooray! These socks boast a 10-color stripe repeat. I think this is one of my most favorite pair of hand knit socks to date. The yarn is wonderful, both the dyeing and the base. The yarn is a 2-ply and has a slight texture. I want to knit more socks with Quaere sock yarn for sure.


The Patchwork colorway (Note: I had around a 400 yard skein, some of the skeins are 600 yards) is made up of 10 1/4" stripes of the following colors when knit at 8"/64sts on a US1:
Dark Purple
Lilac
Orange
Grey
Grass Green
White
Light Blue
Navy
Gold
Grey 

This yarn incorporates all the goodness of a 2 ply with the strength of nylon. It is super soft and has a round, cabled appearance. 

I see that the Quaere shop has this colorway up for pre-order now and again. You could contact the Janel, the owner, and ask if you are interested in the yarn.

I have posted about this pair of socks quite a bit in all states of finishing, here are some of the links to see the socks in progress:


I used my Signature Needles dpns, 6 -inch length, US size 1/2.25mm and my free How I make my socks pattern. The cuff is 6-inches long and I did 12 rounds of 2x2 rib. 

Have a lovely weekend.
xo ~ susan

6 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Love these stripey socks, x

Holly said...

Fun/fun/fun. Happy Sunday.

Stefanie said...

Awesome, rockin' socks Mrs. Anderson.

Anna K. said...

It has been such a treat to see so many blog posts from you this week, especially considering how busy you have been with work knitting. Thanks for taking the time to post these socks! They are so fun.

After checking out some of the socks you have made, I've been inspired to pick up sock knitting again. I might have to get some of the self-striping Quaere yarn for my next project. :)

Anonymous said...

I think there are some Patchwork socks in my future, too. I have been experimenting with the "Groovy Socks" pattern on Ravelry---it is amazing in self-striping yarns. I like that the dyer takes pre-orders so that everyone has a chance to get some. There are some dyers on Etsy that like to create an almost-panic when they post a batch of yarn, and I think that sucks some of the fun out of it---

Amanda Jean said...

I love these!!! Hurray for stripes!