Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shalom

Hi Knitters,
This is sure a quick little knit. I'm using Cascade 128 in color #1910, on US size 10.75 needles at 3.25 stitches per inch. Find the free pattern for Shalom here. This is one sweater that will benefit greatly from a good hearty blocking session. It's looking a little rough around the edges right now but it will very cute in the end.

Shalom is well on the way. It is a vest pattern and I am adding sleeves roughly using the little mama's sleeve instructions. Soule Mama also added sleeves to her Shalom and offers some sketchy instructions. I love both of these versions from both of these wonderful mamas. It is a one button pattern but I added three more buttonholes. I have four perfect brown buttons in waiting that will look fantastic with the blue.
Oh, and this little mama got a big daddy haircut. I also got my grays washed away. This salon visit will last me for a good long while. Is it weird that I dread going to a salon and sitting there for a couple of hours? Weird or not that is how I feel.

I'm off. I am putting my Shalom away now until I finish up some more pressing work knitting projects that have to be completed over the next few days. Shalom is packed up tight in my rooster bag and hidden so I won't even see it to be tempted. Unfortunately when you hide things from yourself you actually know where to find them. Willpower be with me, please.

No more personal knitting for a bit. Work, work, work.
best, susie

13 comments:

Allegra said...

definitely a knit to go to my queue (it might be there already, i can't keep track!). love the haircut! show us a full out pic of it!

Leanne (Lunatic84) said...

Love the new haircut! The colour looks great on you, great job! Shalom is on my 'must make' list. I'm just waiting for the right yarn to grab me and say "You must use me for your Shalom!!!"

Anonymous said...

Cute. Sweater and haircut. I noticed the new look even before I read about it! Now you are all ready for summer. The heat is on!--Ramona

Kristi ~ Ohio said...

I love the new sweater and haircut. I too went for a haircut. Only mine was your current length and I went shorter.

Nancy said...

I love how you take pictures of yourself. Always make me chuckle.
Realy like the hair cut too. Have a great Sunday.

Unknown said...

In to my queue this will go.

My god I want your job. If I could just knit for a living. Maybe one day when I don´t have a 3 month and a 2 year old at home with me. I am teaching a class on how to make your toys though at Loops here in Tulsa! Every month a new toy. It´s not a living but will pay for some yarn.

Helle Mikkelsen said...

I love the pattern and it will go to my to do list ;o)
Nice haircut, now you can enjoy the summer.

Amybel said...

Wish I was brave enough to cut my hair! I wear it up all the time, like you used to :). Hope you finish work knitting soon so we can see more Shalom!

Caryn said...

noticed the hair before you commented on it. and no its not weird not wanting to sit so long. i don't mind sitting b/c it gives me a break from the kids and i always take my knitting. i don't like 'talking' and even told my hair dresser that it is nothing personal, i just don't need the conversation. Guess that is why i work w/ men! :)

Carola said...

me encanta ese modelo de chaleco...es bellisim...intentare hacerlo
cariƱos
Carola

The Unraveled Librarian said...

Great color choice--definitely going to have to add this to my queue!

Unknown said...

Wow! You're on a roll with sweaters!

Anonymous said...

How do you knit so fast? You must be a picker!! Love the new hair and
Shalom! have to put it on the list...Kathy