Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Minneola Cozy?

Hi Knitters,
My daughter discovered my pear apple cozy also fits a juicy minneola. She suggested that I let you all know this fact and so I am doing just that. Run and cozy your minneolas, quick!
On to a couple of other things. I am still crocheting away on my granny squares, and I am still loving it. They are just plain fun.
I checked out this blog this morning. Then I had to buy this pattern. I already started the scarf and I am actually figuring it out pretty easily, photos to come. I also printed out this great scarf pattern here. I love this with the cable with the dropped stitches. I plan on knitting this one soon.
The editor at Parents magazine I have been working with asked me to let you know about a contest they are having. They are looking for creative birth announcements and the link is here if you would like to enter. I know you are a creative bunch of baby lovers so get in touch with the magazine with your ideas!
I did find out that I will be at Joseph Beth Booksellers on May 17th for book signing activites and then I am going to be on a panel discussion at 3:00 that same day. I don't know who will be on the panel wtih me but I am sure it will be fun. I will let you know when I find out. The link about this event is here.
Okay, just a quick one today. It is beautiful here, finally!
best, susie

6 comments:

peaknits said...

Thank you for all of the cool links! Your granny squares are coming along - can't wait to see more - come on, I dare ya!:)

Anonymous said...

What yarn did you use for your pear cozy? I love, love, love the colors!

-Sufi

Mimi said...

My mom is almost 81 and is now blind. In her younger days needlework wise she did it all. Now she makes granny squares. She had the pattern memorized years ago. I sew them together and often put a border around. It has given her a real purpose. Here is a site I love to visit : http://www.grannyalong.blogspot.com Love your blog and the beautiful granny squares.

Susan B. Anderson said...

Hi Sufi,
The yarn is Sereknity in the watermelon colorway and it is the sport weight. It is great yarn.
susan

Tracy Batchelder said...

The squares are multiplying quickly! How many are you going for?

Knitterella said...

Those granny squares are great! Thanks for all the links too - love that scarf by MK Carroll. Already marked it as a fav in my Ravelry!